Saturday, July 5, 2008

Patriotic Panache

Happy Belated July 4th! Our power was out from Wednesday til about noon today, so I am behind in posting. Still wanted to share some of my Americana vignettes.
This lovely party hat came from a kit at Peacoats and Partyhats. I love Candice's kits, they are highly doable, and still give the opportunity to add your own creativity. I've done a few of her others, including the birthday banner hanging in my living room right now awaiting my son's upcoming birthday party. She has the most delicious things in her shop, and will soon be organizing her first swap. I've done many a scrapbook swap, and secret sisters type swaps, but have yet to try a blog swap. They always look like fun! Candice is also putting together a Marie Antoinette soiree (swoon), but living as far as I do, I can just hope they post lots of beautiful eye candy of the party afterwards. Here is my favorite American Girl doll (Kit) wearing her patriotic outfit from my friend Debbie (her work is well recognized on ebay). She's looking upon a Dee Foust crown and a pair of tiny cat sisters.
Aren't they the most adorable pair of stinkers? This is the first set I've received from Crystal. They won't be my last- the work is amazingly detailed. Her seasonal work is my favorite, and I'm hoping to add a Halloween set this upcoming autumn.

No comments: