Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer UnVacation

Now that the royal heirs to our throne are celebrating their freedom from all things scholastic, the King and Queen (dearest husband and myself) have been finding ourselves dropping into bed almost the same time of the late evening as they do. (Cause those dishes don't wash themselves). Which, of course, does not leave much time for creating. Still, I'll try to keep a few things new things in the shoppe, and share pictures when I can. I did order some pretty new ribbons and laces to dye, and some new types of dyes that may be more colorfast. Also experimenting with ribbons flowers I hope to show off soon.

I did enjoy dyeing a few silks and velvets for the shoppe- hope to make these a permanent fixture in my creativity. Actually, I will dunk anything that is not moving into a dye bath just to experiment lately. Will show off what I find out!

5 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Those ribbons and that song just made my day!!!!!!!!! This is a delightful place! Blessings.

Kara Ward said...

Fabulous ribbons...

paperbird said...

Clearly the king and queen need to use their high authority and dole out the chore of dishes to their upcoming heirs!
Cute post, I adore your beautiful ribbons.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous ribbons! I love the colors of those flowers, too. :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I know just what you mean, dye is addictive!