Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back to Reality

Back from our travels, and I'm spending a few peaceful moments (heirs to the throne are snuggled into bed) catching up. While on our trip we visited the Macinac Bridge (very small in the background of this photo). Toured Tequamenan Falls (both of them)- here is the King with princesses and prince on the boardwalk to the lower falls. We couldn't hold still for too long because Michigan's Upper Pennisula's state bird (ie Mosquitos) were eating us alive!

We did spend a little time on Macinac Island (and a little money on the fudge), and went to the Soo Locks, just as I used to as a child with my parents. The highlight of the trip for the kiddos was climbing the large sand dunes at Sleeping Bear. I did not make it to the top- the girls are not even near the top in this photo.
I also spent my time in the car wisely, finishing up some magazines, and sewing up this adorable strawberry pincushion from a kit I purchased at Heather Bailey's online shop.



Isn't it too sweet? I shall have to make more.







No comments: