Sunday, February 22, 2009

Memories of Pompeii Spun Sugar Twist

In those short days before children, my husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Italy. I was reminded of the trip recently while talking with my friend Lu, as we both longed for a taste of Limoncello (or Venetian Lemonade, as she puts it). I was inspired to create several lengths of ribbons while reminscing.
Since five ribbons were created, it didn't work for me to put them on the usual trifold card, so I put the "pages" together like a book. Pompeii sky and Lemon Grove ribbons

From the top: Lemon Grove, Italian Pink Grapefruit, Olive Leaf, Limoncello, and Pompeii Sky

I collaged each page before adding the ribbon: Limoncello



(Back of Limoncello) Pompeii Sky



Olive Leaf






Italian Pink Grapefruit





Lemon Grove. This one has a warm spot of yellow fading into white, then green with touches of brown



I have more lengths of the ribbons, but I'm not sure yet if I'll offer more than one card.






2 comments:

Willnnabel said...

Your ribbons are exquisite! I relish all the hues and softness they evoke. Just lovely. I am going to have to check out your etsy shop!

Melita said...

I could gush over your creations all day lol Never would have guessed it though lol