Monday, April 20, 2009

Berry Sweet Ribbons

Lots of pretty new ribbons and crepes in the shoppe now. I was inspired by warm strawberry sauce dripping down fresh vanilla ice cream for this first set "Strawberry Sundae". Rich and red flowing mellowly, intermingaling with the cream to form soft pinks...
...or bright red varigating into rich ivory for "Strawberry Cheesecake"...

I just love the way thre ribbons fell into this flower shaped pattern.

I wrapped the ribbons around a Sweet Nothings Journal, this one a soft pink cardstock filled with vintage papers, paper lace, and a smidgen of swiss dot organza.




The next set I had the colors in mind for awhile, I just wasn't sure how I wanted to prepare the ribbons, or present them. I was struck with inspiration whilst reading the latest issue of Somerset Home, Connie Govea Stuart talked about her dyeing technique for ribbons using Easter Egg tablets. I decided to try her technique (although I still used my regular dyes). They were gorgeous even during their dye baths!



A rainbow confection of ribbons starting to appear...cherry, orange, lemon, lime, blue raspberry, and grape.


Tutti-frutti bright and scrumptiously crinkley!



The Everlasting Gobstopper!











2 comments:

Heidi said...

Your ribbons turned out beautiful! I just finished dying some coffee filters egg shell blue with the egg tablets, because I, too, read the CG Stuart article!

And I loved your little nest tutorial on the year of color blog!

:)Heidi

Melita said...

Oh my!!!